- Dual Mode Portable Bar Code Verifier
- Meets ISO 15416 and ANSI X3.182 verification method (Requires Auto Optic scanner)
- Point-and-Shoot Decodability only verification method (Requires optional CR3 scanner)
- Auto-Optic scan head that allows menu selections for four aperture sizes and two light wavelengths
- Detailed data content and bar code encode testing and results information (most important with GS1-128 bar codes)
- Auto-discriminates between all popular symbologies
- Bidirectional scanning
- Large color LCD display
- Viewable Scan Reflectance Profile with color coded Modulation, Decodability, and Defects
- Narrow bar width calculator
- Integrated lithium ion battery
- Field upgradeable firmware (free lifetime software upgrades)
- Searchable database storage (1,000 inspection records)
This truly unique and powerful instrument is also easy to use. All the popular linear symbologies are supported. Store and print capability (1,000 scans), multiple scan averaging and sub-symbology choices are easily accessed through a simple seven-button user interface. Analysis information appears immediately on a large LCD display. Detailed bar code encode data and a color coded scan reflectance profile (indicating Decodability, Modulation, and Defects) make troubleshooting very easy. Lifetime free firmware upgrades can be downloaded and installed to keep up with the latest standards.
Two Auto-Optic scan head versions are available; 3, 6, 10, 20 mil or 3, 5, 10, 20 mil aperture choices. Both versions provide red (660 nm) and infra-red (925nm) light wavelength selections.
ISO/ANSI Mode Operation
The patented Auto-Optic scanner is the industry’s most flexible ISO/ANSI method verifier. Key features include a patented Auto-Optic scan head that allows for eight optical arrangements settable via menu selection for four aperture sizes and two wavelengths of light. Repeatability between units is outstanding, making the Inspector® 5000 an ideal choice for a a standardized company-wide ISO/ANSI method verifier.
Optional – Laser Gun Mode Operation
A CR3 Laser scanner is an extremely easy to use point-and-shoot verifier. It requires virtually no user training and analyzes the ISO/ANSI Decodability parameter that is traceable to the ISO/ANSI standards. Other features include continuous mode (percent of decode) and bar code data match.
If needed, a detailed hard copy printout can be produced from the Inspector 5000 using an optional direct thermal printer. Learn more about the TP140a Thermal Printer (optional).
If needed, inspection data can transferred to any Windows PC. Once transferred the inspection data can be saved or printed to any standard Window printer or exported to a spreadsheet like Microsoft Excel for analysis. Learn more about the Verifier Computer Interface Report (optional).
The Inspector 5000 meets the International Organization for Standardization’s “Bar Code Print Quality Test Specification (ISO 15416), the American National Standard Institute’s “Guideline for Bar Code Quality’ (ANSI X3.182-1990), the Uniform Code Council (UCC), and the CEN specifications regarding verification methods and methodology. It also meets International Organization for Standardization’s “Bar Code Verifier Conformance Specification” (ISO 15426-1).
This equipment and its documentation were developed to fit into your company’s existing ISO 9000/9001/9002 policies and procedures.