General Service Information
Service is considered the most crucial part of our company. We have developed a sophisticated process to allow us to offer the best service in the industry at the lowest cost.
With ALL services you will receive:
- Your unit adjusted and re-certified to meet conformance of ISO15426-1/-2 (Bar code verifier conformance standard)
- Returned with NIST traceable calibration plaque (when applicable)
- Three page detailed Certificate of Calibration written to comply with ISO9000, QS900, and GMP quality systems
See how Auto ID Solutions compares to manufacturer service:
|Services||Auto ID Solutions|
|ISO 15426-1/-2 Testing||Yes|
|Certificate of Conformance||Yes|
|NIST traceable calibration plaque||Yes (if applicable)|
All the verifier manufacturers recommend annual calibration and re-certification.
In 2005 we became concerned by the large number of units arriving out of tolerance. We have found the environment that a verifier is used in greatly affects how often a verifier needs service. For a clean, temperature stable environment the interval might be two years while a dirty, harsh environment might require service every six months. To help companies determine the proper interval we implemented a policy of free verifier accuracy testing. Learn more about free verifier accuracy testing.
Service Process Outline Following Arrival at Our Facility:
- Unit tested against ISO15426-1/-2 Primary verifier conformance test card and test results are recorded
- Unit is repaired (if necessary)
- Extensive cleaning (includes verifier case, optics, and cables)
- Unit is adjusted for reflectance and dimensional accuracy
- Calibration plaque is replaced and/or re-certified (NIST traceable)
- Verifier is calibrated and unit is retested against ISO15426-1/-2 Primary verifier conformance test card
- Detailed three page Certificate of Calibration is written showing “As Found” and “As Left” test results
- Re-certification/Calibration date labels applied to unit
Our staffs involvement in writing the ISO standards for bar code verification ensures that the repair and calibration process will be conducted with strict adherence to standards.
Our pricing offers a flat rate service price that includes all parts except the wand or pen, since these are often damaged beyond repair.
Learn more about the standards that we test to and conform with (ISO, ANSI, IEC).